Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Struggle to be positive

My middle child has a real problem when things don't go her way.  She gets whiny, bratty and just miserable.  By the time I get all 3 in the car to take them to school, I'm worn out mentally and emotionally.  And it's only 9am!  So, we sat down last night and laid some ground rules.  Pretty much, every time someone says something negative, they get something taken away.  So far this morning, and it's 8:30am, O. is the only one w/ things taken away, and she's up to 16 little people (Imaginext), and 6 Barbies.  She gets them back when she does something positive.  One at a time.  If she is positive and there's no whining or no complaining or no negativity all day, she can have them all back at once.

J. and E. have been pretty good this morning.  E. didn't even drop her food on the floor this morning!  That's what she was in trouble for last night.  I mistakenly gave her one of my good plates w/ her breakfast on it yesterday because I had to use the microwave and didn't feel like moving the food to one of her plastic plates.  Well, I should have taken the time, because as soon as I put the plate on her tray, she pushed it and dropped it on the floor, breaking it.

So, hopefully this is a new beginning for being positive and happy!  And hopefully the collection of toys each day will dwindle....  I'm not holding my breath though!  It might be a long journey!