Friday, March 2, 2012

A story to get rid of hiccups

O. was laying in bed w/ hiccups tonight and could not fall asleep!  I told her to tell me a story so that her mind would stray from the hiccups and she would forget all about them!  Here's the story:
Me: Ok, who are the characters?
O.: Strawberry Shortcake and Blueberry Muffin
Me: They decide they want to go and pick berries, so they walk down to the berry patch and....?
O.: they bump into Apple Dumplin', and they get into a fight.  They are throwing berries and apples at each other, and gum.  And the gum walks away.  Then Blueberry Muffin says, "Stop!" and they all stop mid-throw.

Then Apple Dumplin' kicks Blueberry Muffin in the leg because she's mad at her.  After that, they all run home to their porches and kick their houses.  All of a sudden, a boy comes running down the street and Apple Dumplin' says, "Come here and give me a big hug!"  Then, a dog comes running down the street and Apple Dumpin's cat says "Come here and give me a big hug!" to the dog.

Everyone goes into Apple Dumplin's house and has a Pampered Chef party!

At the end, Olivia said, "I told you this would be a funny story!"
She was cracking up like crazy when I read this story back to her!  The kind of laugh that I have when something really tickles my funny bone!
And guess what?  The hiccups are gone!