Friday, November 2, 2012

Pretend I ate my dinner!

You know, sometimes being a parent is really hard.  Here's one example:

Last night we had marinated grilled pork chops, green beans and brown rice for dinner.  We had to leave by a certain time so that I could read at church.  Everyone ate everything on their plates except E.  She wasn't hungry, she kept saying.  She would ask how many more bites.  We told all of them that if they ate their dinner and were good in church, we would get them ice cream sundaes at McDonalds.  THAT didn't even sway her!  She would NOT eat.  So, the time came that we HAD to leave.  E. ran away from the table and started to cry because she wanted ice cream.  I said, "You have to eat your dinner and then you can have ice cream."  She said, "Can't you pretend that I ate my dinner?"  OH it's so hard to say no!!!!!  Who thinks like that?!  She's only 3!!!!!  I guess I'm in a world of trouble if she already out-thinks me at 3 years old!

We did buy her ice cream, and it's currently in the freezer, waiting for her.  She did come home and eat SOME of her dinner, but then quickly fell asleep.