Saturday, June 18, 2011

4 going on 14

I'm sitting here putting stuff away from my stamping weekend away, and O. is talking my leg off (which I LOVE) about her Doggy Doo.  This dog is her best friend.  It's not a real dog.  It's a stuffed Dalmation from 101 Dalmations.  She just absolutely takes this dog EVERYWHERE and LOVES this thing to pieces!  All the stuffing is gone, and it's beyond dingy from the endless hugs and kisses it receives from this special little girl.
And now that this special little girl has grown a bit, so has the Doggy Doo image in her head.

So, Doggy Doo has lost her mother, but got her back.  O. is the primary babysitter for Doggy Doo because her mom works, and goes to birthday parties all the time.  Doggy Doo is sometimes a teenager, then sometimes a baby, and I think is currently 4 years old.

Tonight, here's the conversation:  It's all O.  I don't say anything except Uh huh and Mmm hmmm and the occasional that's crazy!

"So, like, Doggy Doo is going to school, and I'm going to take her there myself, because I'm her babysitter and she needs me.  And there's Sara, and Julie, and Alaina, and Elizabeth in her class.  And there's only one boy in her class.  All the boys in her class can speak Spanish.  They say stuff like Hola and see you later.  I'm just so freaked out.  It's just so crazy!  And when the boys go home, their parents can't speak Spanish.  They speak Italian.  It just freaks me out!  You know?  And then when we're in school, it just freaks me out that we have all this stuff to do.  I'm too busy to go to school right now....."

That was the summation of what she was telling me.  I can't remember the rest.  It was like listening to a teenage diatribe about the goings on at school!  Which, it won't be long until that is really the case!  Oh, I can hardly wait for THAT to occur!  But, the whole "freaks me out" thing is hysterical!  What 4, almost 5 year old, talks like that?!  My husband and I don't say that around the house!  Weird!  I'm sure she picked it up on tv or something.

Well, back to unpacking!  When I left my house Thursday, I had 2 bags.  When I came back this evening, I had like 6!  How does that happen?  And my wallet is a lot lighter too!  :(  Darn Archivers!