Friday, June 24, 2011

Don't you roll those eyes at me!

My wonderful almost 5 yr. old daughter has a teenage attitude!  Have I shared that on here?!  I think I have!  This is the same one who had to have her Barbies taken away for the attitude in the mornings.  Which, by the way, has totally stopped and the Barbie plan worked!  YAY! 
Now, though, her latest thing is the rolling of the eyes.  Why?!  Why does she have to roll her eyes?  Well, the topic came up in conversation the other morning.  Here's how it went:

Me: You know that when you roll your eyes, you are sending a message saying, "I'm bored and I'm not doing what you want", or "I don't care what you have to say".  You have to stop rolling your eyes!  It's disrespectful and I will NOT have you rolling your eyes at me when I ask you to do something.
O.: Well, I'm not REALLY rolling my eyes.  There's just something wrong with them.  When I see rainbows, my eyes just have to roll because I just see the purple and the pink and [my eyes] get so crazy!

What do you say after that?!  I just said, "Well, whatever your reasoning, I don't want you rolling your eyes at me anymore."  End of conversation!  Honestly!  Where does she come up w/ this stuff?!