Sunday, August 14, 2011

Being 2 and having an attitude just isn't a good mix!

I love all of my children!  They are all wonderful in their own way, and I love all of their strengths and weaknesses, their sparkling personalities, and their less than perfect flaws.  But, neither of my older two ever acted the way that my 2 year old acts.

I don't know if it's because she's the third child, or because she thinks she can get away with it, or that she's a baby and that's how she's supposed to act?  Who knows, but I'm SO ready for her be 3 and MAYBE she'll get over this horrible behavior!

Here are some of the things that my little angel w/ a tarnished halo has done:
1.  She slaps me when she's trying to get her way and I want her to do something different.
2.  She puts her finger to her mouth and says, "Shhh!" when I tell her to stop doing something she's not supposed to do.
3.  She tells me to "relax" when I tell her to stop saying "Shhh"
and now I'm feeling like I've blogged about this before!
4.  She is VERY stubborn and STRONG!

Now, to someone outside of our family, that may seem minor, but if you would see the faces that she makes when she's doing this, or the pure evil attitude that pours out of her when she's acting this way, it's not minor.
And I am trying my hardest to nip it in the bud, because I can discipline her now.  I can't discipline her for this type of behavior when she's 15.  But, OH it's hard!

The thing is, she's like Jekel and Hyde.  She can tell you "bless you" when you sneeze, and turn around and slap you on the face if you tell her no!  She's such a beautiful little girl, and when she's good, she's really good.  But when she's bad, she's really bad!
And it's so hard to be stern w/ her when she shh's you and tells you to relax!  What 2 year old does this?!

I just had to vent a little.  I'm not trying to air my dirty laundry, but she is just such a pistol, I had to vent!

I hope that I'm doing the right thing and that this is just a phase.  I'm hoping that she will start to see things my way and will change her behavior.  Her personality of a spitfire should stay the same, because that's just who she is, and I really wouldn't want that to change.  But, her attitude better change!  And fast!!!!  I'm becoming quite exhausted from dealing w/ her!

Ok, I feel better now!