Saturday, September 3, 2011

I'm a Jedi, Mom!

Yesterday my kids and I went to Chili's for dinner. O. wanted to go, so we went!  I'm always a sucker for Chili's!  I love that place! 
We sat near the hostess stand, and as we were eating, J. noticed that the menus that were jam-packed into their holder were leaning to one side.  So, he closed his eyes and moved his hand to one side, and down, and looked again at the menus and saw that there were fewer menus and they were all in the stand properly!  He exclaimed, "Mom!  I'm a Jedi!  I closed my eyes and the menus MOVED!"

Then, after dinner, I was texting my mom on my phone, and trying to put my food into a leftover container, and I asked J. to hold the container so I could hold the plate and put the food in.  He said, "Mom!  I knew that you were going to be texting Mimi and that I had to hold this for you!  I'm a Jedi!  I just can't believe that I knew that you were going to be doing that!"

I was rather speechless!  What do you say to something like that?  "Um, I'm glad the Force is with you?!"