Monday, September 26, 2011

Is routine really a bad thing?

So, last month I fell outside of Macy's and hurt (bruised) the whole right side of my body.  I felt like someone ran into me w/ a truck.  Man is concrete hard on your body when you fall and bounce and fall again!  LOL!  Darn summer dress that's made for a 7 ft. woman!  I'm only 5'3" for heaven's sakes!  Plus I'm a klutz!  I was rushing into Macy's to buy my favorite perfume, and wasn't paying attention.  I thought I had pulled up the hem of my dress enough, but no.  The toe of my sandal caught the hem and down I went.  W/ flying arms.  And boy did I fall hard!  OMG!
Ok, so fast forward.  I have been going to my chiropractor's office since the fall because it essentially screwed up my back.  So I have been going 3 days a week, and now we're finally letting off and going 2 days a week. 
Now that it's kind of our routine at this point, E., who travels w/ me EVERYWHERE I go, should pretty much know what's coming next.  We pull into the parking lot of the chiropractor's office, and she starts to whine!  She doesn't want to go in.  She wants to go home.  She wants to go get her brother and sister from school.  ANYTHING except go in there!  And really, it's not that bad!  Well, she might be bored, even though I bring toys in w/ me.  So, I promised her suckers when we got in there.  That always does it!

But, it's the same thing when I go to work out!  We pull into the parking lot, and she starts to whine!  Is it because we're not going home?  Or just the fact that she's not getting her way?

Who knows when you're talking about a two year old!