Monday, September 12, 2011

Pink Nail Polish + a 2 year old + beige carpet = .....

A VERY mad Momma!

My darling E. was playing upstairs w/ my other darling daughter, and all was quiet on the homefront.  I was downstairs, enjoying the quietness because it doesn't often occur.

Then, all of a sudden, O. comes tearing down the steps calling for me, and behind her at a slower pace was my sweet E. w/ a line of hot pink nail polish down the center of her face, all over her fingers and toes.  She was happier than a pig in mud and couldn't understand my distress when I saw her face!  And then it hit me!  If her FACE looks like that, where is the bottle and what does her room look like?! 

I raced upstairs to find a nice size area right on the edge of her room in the hallway.  Of course she had to play RIGHT THERE!  NOT on her DARK GREEN CARPET that could be covered by a bed or something!  NO!  Right in the hallway at the top of the stairs.  For everyone to see.

I screamed because I knew that cleaning it up was going to be a nightmare.  And E. took the bottle that I had not found yet and ran into her room and smeared it on her green carpet in the middle of the floor because she was mad that I was mad! 

I called my mother, of course.  Who tried to help me.  Really, she did offer sound advice.  But, to no avail.  So, I called our carpet cleaning person that we have used in the past, and he gave me some advice too.  However, he said that if the polish has dried, it's a lost cause.  I rushed off the phone and ran down into our scary basement and grabbed our shop vac.  He said that if we had one, we could try to PULL the polish up.  I poured water over it.  I poured polish remover over it.  Nothing has worked.

So, now I am back at square one.  And E. has moved on to make 2 more messes in our house.  It's just going to be one of those days, I guess.  And my husband is going to freak when he gets home.  I don't know what to do though, other than get new carpet before we move out.  If that ever freakin' happens.  But, that's for another post! 

Well, the lesson learned today is that 2 little girls are going to have to wait a very long time before any nail polish is purchased and adorns their pretty nails.